You're becoming more independent and making personal choices. If you're struggling with your weight, Fit4Allteens offers you the chance to work with our experts and your peers to learn about making choices for a healthy lifestyle. Our 9-week program gives you a chance to interact with other teens as you work toward your personal best.
Your parents also can learn from our experts as part of their own parent group. They meet on the same night in a separate group.
Here's how our teens are successful:
- Learning to make healthy food taste great in order to eat better
- Becoming more physically fit
- Enjoying a new active lifestyle
- Shopping for new clothes
- Trying lots of new foods-like fresh fruits, whole grains and easy-to-make healthy meals
- Making new friends
- Getting support from friends and our Fit4Allteens team
Here's how to sign up:
- First talk with your parent(s) to see if they will support you in this process.
- Next ask your parent to talk with your physician, we will need the physician's permission for you to participate. We ask that they send us a referral with your information and their approval.
- Now you can have your parent call or email our office to enroll you for the upcoming class. The program is only offered in Largo at the Bardmoor YMCA (8495 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, FL 33777) 3 times a year, winter, summer and fall.
- Finally, ask your parent to sign-up with you. Not for the teen program, but for the parent program that is offered at the same time. It will be helpful for them to receive the same information you are receiving and they can offer you their support and encouragement.
- Also, ask your best friend, favorite sibling or family member to come with you. We want you to enjoy the program and many times it is more fun with a close friend.
For more insight on this program and to hear what other teens think, please visit our FAQ and Testimonial section. You can also contact our team anytime if you have questions at 727-767-6923 or Fit4Allkids@allkids.org