We are proud that Fit4Allkids has helped thousand of families in the Tampa Bay area. Your support and participation helps your child with the program and can even help you make some changes toward better health, too. Please vist our video section, parent testimonials and the FAQ's to learn more about the program.
Contact us anytime at 727-767-6923 or Fit4Allkids@allkids.org
Fit4Allkids Weight Management and Fitness for Families
Special Features Include:
- Six weeks working with a registered dietitian or nurse, a behavior/motivation coach, and a certified fitness expert-all with special experience in children's health
- Temporary family membership with the Y
- Compassionate and understanding staff
- Peer support for parents and kids
- Goal-setting and strategies
- Fun prizes and incentives
Fit4Allkids is designed for families with children ages 8 to 12 years old who are struggling with their weight and have been referred by a physician. The program is fun and interactive. We encourage the whole family to participate because the program is most effective when kids have support and commitment from parents and siblings. We'll teach you how to help your child adopt healthy choices that help with weight management.
We currently offer programs at three locations which include:
- YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg (3200 1st Ave. South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712)
- YMCA of the Sun Coast (1005 Highland Ave., Clearwater, FL)
- James P. Gills Family Branch YMCA (8411 Photonics Drive, New Port Richey, FL 34655)
If you have a teenager aged 13 to 18, we also offer a special teen program located in Largo at the Bardmoor YMCA (8495 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, FL 33777). Please visit our teen section to learn more.
Learn more about Fit4Allkids in this excerpt from the 2012 All Children's Hospital Telethon: